Aug 16, 2009

25 Things u didn't know abt me :D

1. My parents were expecting a girl wen I was born ,they even gave the girl a name but surprise surprise I turned up .They twisted the name a bit and called me Praveen.

2. I have lived in Nepal for 4 yrs ,hated that place mostly because of the power cuts.

3. Studied class I twice (once in India , once in Nepal ) and skipped class IV.

4. Couldn't pronounce a lot of words during childhood , so gave all my relatives a name I could pronounce. even tday I call them by that name.

5. Have had a history of pets , a dog , around 60 fishes ,today i have 16 lovebirds at home .

6. I am not supposed to eat a lot of watermelon , grapes and guava forever because of some stupid primary complex I had wen I was 4  .

7. I always wanted to be an architect  ,then I visited the cardiac ward of a hospital and wanted to be a doctor , now all I want to be is a professional footballer .

8. Have seen almost all the movies in IMDB Top 250,I louve TV shows. Seinfeld, Californication , Friends , South park , ELR , HIMYM, Still standing, Wonder years , Scrubs, the list doesn't end soon .

9. Have bunked class tests to watch cricket matches .Watched the SA vs AUS 434 run chase the night before my chemistry board exams .

10. Can never go to sleep at night if i have some work unfinished and also cannot sleep without two pillows .

11. I find it very hard to smile at people even the ones who are very close to me, so the next time you see me and I don't flash you a big smile understand that its the genes not me .

12 . I had never fallen of a bike till the third year in college when I fell of a girl's bike infront of 6 first year girls trying to do a 90 degree  and got my arms and legs ( pride too ) badly hurt .

13. One of the biggest regrets of my life is not having a sister .

14. I used to sleep off at 8.30 pm till i was 16 .All that I slept put together would give me almost a one whole year back .

15. I do not believe in religion .

16. I have never won at chess against my dad :( :(

17. I think a lot ( freakingly lot ) before doing anything and everything.Can never stop thinking , something or the other goes on inside my head and also i take a lot of time to make my decisions and once I have made them I dont change them even if its obvious that its wrong :|

18. If you ask me what one thing are you perfect at?? I dont have an answer .

19. I believe in superstitions.I  have my own set of routines that I follow daily and trust me there are around 25 routines that I follow in a day . from applying tooth paste with my left hand to placing my slippers parallel to each other , to wearing my left shoe first.

20. I have been to all the states in India except the seven north eastern ones and lakshwadeep . No place comes even close to home ;)

21. I hate it wen people can't pronounce my name or cannot understand wat the S behind my name is .

22 . Even today I fight with my brother not the little pillow fights . real fights  and I have my brother's teeth marks on my right arm ( bit me during a fight ) and a mark on top my forehead ,cricket stumps thrown at me by him .

23. I would really really love to have a set of twin girls to raise

24. I learnt bharatnatyam in class III for 6 months . I went there just because my brother went .Jealousy can get you places .

25. And finally , I love being alone  not that I am a loner but I need ' my own time and space ' everyday usually ranges from 30 mins to 2 hours . This was written during my alone time .

You can blame  Facebook for this post. Makes you self obsessed .Will extend this list to 50 someday and I promise you it will have what you were expecting when you first opened this page . Thanks for your time.

7 comments:

Gaurav Dutta said...

wow....this really is something.....

after reading this i feel like i hardly know you .....

:p

and FYI
#11 ain't true.....

#13 somethings are better if you
could just imagine it happening,rather than actually happening (know what i mean??)

and
finally
#24 cant believe it....OMG Bharatnatyam.....(jealousy.......wicked!!)

Unknown said...

you cheated me. i expected lots and lots of stuff , u know what i am talking about :P ... eagerly waiting for you to xtend this to 50 :)

Sivakumar said...

The list gave me laughs wen i really wanted one!!! nice one da!!!

PAM said...

oooooo...preethi sounds goood ;)
n i dont really agree wit the smile one...i always see u smile every tym we meet....n dude...those r sm superstitions!!!

vaseey said...

nice knowin yu mite :)

Jane said...

U write really well, seriously !!! enjoyed this blog of urs the most !! :)
when I was gonna read this blog i din hv any expectations.. but from the comments, I can see tht there may be other more interesting things abt u!! .. definitly awaiting the "50 things" blog :)

Praveen said...

thnx jane.. will update it to 50 soon :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...