Apr 5, 2010

Devil, thy name is Woman !






19:00 hours , 15 March '10
Marina Beach , Chennai


In the middle of the rush hour traffic and the calming,soothing waves of the sea , I and Preeti were meeting after a long time , an year to be specific. Our lives had taken different directions once we finished school . Now she was doing her Automobile engineering in Anna University ,Chennai and I had landed up in Allahabad . After discussing a plethora of topics, we started talking about relationships . After hearing my story she started hers.The following is just an excerpt of our conversation .


Do you know sharad ? You know what he says ?? He says i am made of stone and emotions have no value to me. He says he wants to be with me inspite of all these flaws!

One second he is all praises and tells me how wonderful I am , The next second he tells me how much he hates the idea of being near me and how his life would have been happier if I did not exist.Suddenly he calls me up in the middle of the night and says Just two  years with you and I have lost my sleep  ! . The next morning he comes up with a bunch of flowers and says Preeti give me a chance to make you happy... What am I supposed to do ??

There have been numerous occasions where he has tried to act as the perfect boyfriend in public.Off course only I know how much he is faking. Our lives are like those of a unhappy high class couple who pretend to be happy just for the sake of the society. If I were to try and find a silver lining in this dark cloud of emotional blackmails It would have to be the patience and the sort of cold cruelty I have towards human emotions.. Perhaps I am turning into the cold blooded monster he mentioned I was.

I know I have to let go but Women are not easy quitters. Almost to the extent of being ridiculously stupid. I don't know who the psycho among us is. One thing is for sure ,Our lives would have been much better if we didn't  know the other person ever existed. So much for love.







After this conversation we decide not to talk anymore about this topic as it was getting too sensitive . So to break the ice , I suggested that we go somewhere else and forget the rest of the world for a couple of hours .



21:00 hours , 15 March '10
Minus One Pub , Chennai


She parked her Honda Dio and we both reached Minus One , a low profile pub in Nungambakkam, Chennai . I was not very comfortable with the idea of taking a girl to a pub, but she suggested the place and didn't seem to bother .

We talked about how our lives would again change once we start working . She ordered beer for the both of us . We continued to talk . After the whole of TuborG had gone into her, Preethi again started the same topic . This is how it went .



If only that bas**** could realize how much love I have showered on him before i knew he was just faking . If only he could see how much I have savoured every corner of his face in my dreams. All you guys need is our body . Why the fuck do men even exist ??

Why couldn't he just truly love me instead of giving me those cheesy lines ?? Why couldn't i bring myself to accept the fact that the guy is faking and move on ?? Am i that weak inside ?? Why is life so fucked up that only alcohol can bring out all the truth ?? Why couldn't i fall for some guy who is genuine ??



I was speechless . I just let her cry in my arms and waited for the moment to pass . It did after a few minutes . Being the complex creatures that females are, she was back to normal in a surprisingly quick time . The female side of the story is much more complicated ...

21 comments:

harini said...

this one is simply unbelievable . captured the female side accurately.
lov it

freelance_thinker said...

i dunt really think any girl would probably be more cautious after reading this... and rightly put they "fall for a guy"...she cud be indifferent and make out his true intentions but not gutsy enough to cut him off... poor fictional character...
PS its not that she is complex...she is just bluntly stupid...

Praveen said...

just because u don't know doesnt mean gals do not fall for guys.. trust me they do..

wen u see the relatioship frm outside everything is so crystal clear.. once ur in it..u'l kno how even simple things can mindf**ck u ..

PS : did i say she was fictional and u have a lot to see in the future :P

Praveen said...

@harini - thnx a lot :)

vicky said...

very strong , can even say too strong for an article but maybe thats the way women are.
keep writing :)

a said...

hmmm...the relationships that we have at this age are always like this :P
-1 pub..honda dio...link lam engengayo pogudu po :P

Praveen said...

thnx vicky..

@ aruna - exactly .. those r just to put a doubt in ur mind :P

Dinesh said...

digging deeper and deeper into women .. r u ?
thou dunno abt de truth

Gaurav Dutta said...

no offence ....but this post was boring :/

Praveen said...

@gaurav - glad u commented.. this one was serious for diffrnt reasons.. count on me..the nxt one will be to ur liking..

harini said...

@ gaurav dutta : Because something describes emotions and because something doesn't have the trademark humour ,don't brand it as boring . I for one thought this post was one of his best :) no offence btw

Gaurav Dutta said...

@ harini :

With all due respect....I don't give a rat's *** about the ingenuity of this post or the emotional innuendos it has to offer.

So, this girl has been hurt and feels lonely. Boo Hoo, big deal. Happens to everyone in love.If this girl so badly hates this guy, why are they still together. She is clearly living in denial. In the words of the yagnesh -- "think fer heaven's sake"

( I just hope that this Preeti girl is not you , If so ...my apologies in advance )

I dislike this post, simply because it's plain boring and lacks real depth. Nevertheless it still is very well written.

Just because there is no humor in a post, doesn't mean that I would hate it right away. I really enjoyed reading Praveen's Hot shower and Air conditioner waala post. Now that was really something.

harini said...

@ gaurav
First of all I am not the girl in the blog
Everyone has the right to an opinion . You keep yours ,I'll keep mine .

The hot shower post you are talking about felt good to you because you could relate to it.You would have done it at some point. Same case here with me and this entry . Y do you have a problem with that ?
and for your information he has removed the shower entry from his blog roll. does it suggest something ?

Praveen said...

:O enna da nadakudu inga ?

lets end this here before all the 'niceties' start coming out.

if u still need to argue over , i will PM you each other's gtalk ids :P

cheers

freelance_thinker said...

ye ye ye... en blogukku publicity kadachaachu.... thanks to gaurav....

Jane said...

I am really becoming a fan of your writing- the style or the substance, I'm not sure yet, but I definitely liked it !

Jane said...

but still, din get the relevance y u titled it this way... umm, how does woman become the 'devil' here? :P

Praveen said...

thnx jane :)

the devil inside a woman who battles with herself all her life :P

Harish said...

I think this post pretty much sums up the fact that women hardly express their love in words unless there is some sort of fluid intake. Most women I have met do not know how to really express it. Or may be their way of expressing love is too cryptic. But once they say it, rest assured, they wont stop expressing it.

I am very curious if the girl has told him all that she told u. I am not sure she would have, at least not in clear-cut words.

Harish said...

And I cant come to believe it is fiction.

vaseey said...

simple yet fab :) nice 1

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...