Nov 18, 2010

2015 It is !!

A recent spat with a friend and a seven day crash diet got me thinking about the future .  Don't wonder how a diet and a fight are related, Geniuses work in mysterious ways . The point here is the people at my home (read mom) have been hinting about how my future should look like (read wife) . This is the effect of  my mom taking a sneak peek at my mobile inbox and overhearing a few of the midnight conversation I had over the phone.She chose precaution over cure .

Her Idea of  an ideal girl was very vague. Must be Educated and must hail from a good family (ok), must have a broad mindset and must be caring (ok),must be younger to you (ok), must be good looking (ok), must not be from Pondicherry but must know Tamil (cha,Just Miss!) . When you are 25 we start looking , and by 26 you are done .After that it is her trouble to handle you. She had her priorities very clear. So even if I could make some excuse or the other ,they wouldn't wait beyond 2015. Courtesy my little brother who is 20 now and is very excited to give matrimony a try(Damn these brothers). This is how 2015 became my magic number.

After 5 months into my MBA , deadlines have stopped scaring me. But this one is an exception . It's almost overwhelming ,Isn't it ?  So overwhelming that I made a list of things to do before my bachelorhood is snatched away from me . This is not your typical bucket list. It has nothing like travel around the world and visit a foreign country. You will know what I am talking about at the end of this post. Here it goes


1.   Watch one International Cricket (the world cup in India) , Tennis(Chennai Open) and a  
     Football ( Nehru Cup) match live on the ground.

2.  Have the Perfect Kiss (Borrowed from phoebe but couldn't resist  putting this on the list)

3.  Save all 5 penalties in a penalty shootout. ( Goalkeeping instincts you see )

4.  Learn either Salsa or Tango properly  (Gawtham get ready for some competition)

5.  Read at least 50 novels in the next five years ( including Lolita, 1980 ,Animal Farm, Kite
     runner, Who moved my cheese,War and Peace and the Origin of Species )

6.  Run a  marathon (Missed the Mumbai marathon this year , Next year pakka )

7.  Grow a beard for two months (Closest I have come is 20 days)

8.  Give my mom 45 red roses on her 45th birthday .

9.  Watch all the 250 movies on the IMDB list. ( How do I watch citizen kane without falling asleep )

10. Get blacked out after drinking and wake up in a different city the next day. ( very close on this one)

11. Spend One week at sea ( Schlumberger ought to do this one for me :P )

12. Play an elaborate practical joke on someone's important day (Yegnesh beware)

13. Go to work in blazers on a bicycle!

14. Date a dumb girl just for the looks (preferably a North Indian)

15.  Bring my weight down below 65 and eat junk food one whole day without feeling guilty.

16.  Lie in bed an entire day (sick days don't count)

17.  Buy a platinum pendant for the One .

18. Go on a weeklong trip with no luggage and only 100 rupees in my pocket.

19. Attend no calls for one complete week.

20. Make a crying baby laugh.

21. Speak out exactly what I think for one whole day

22. Own a dog ,even if it is for six months and even if it means a lot of nagging from my mom.

23. Fly First class !

24. Learn swimming and cooking fish curry.

25. Give a two hour lecture to kids who are about to take their board exams without even one of them falling asleep.

See I told you this is not a bucket list. Here's a bit of info. This post was supposed to be titled  How I lost 5 kgs in 7 days  but unfortunately due to non loss of sufficient amount of weight I had to write this one. Anyway I have tried the  GM Diet  past week and it does not help you in reducing 5 Kgs as it promises . I lost two but the cleansing effect it has ,has a huge positive impact on your body. Leaves you feeling very active and energetic . Definitely worth a try !

Adios :)

22 comments:

badmovies said...

Abt number
6 - Losing weight does not mean u can do this.. dats my domain
7 - pls stick to beard..... dunt grow ur hair like u did in the second yr. den mission 2015 will b mission anytime bfore 2050
12 - Y ME???
16 and 19- atleast something is done
18 - Noida is not a destination :P
23 24 - CLASS

vicky said...

nice light hearted post. njoyed it :)

Chirag said...

citizen kane is overrated.I tried watching it thrice. dozed off all three times. Lets see how you pull of a week long trek with 100 rupees :P

harini said...

ha ha ha .. thoroughly enjoyed the list.. last one classy :) .. be happy that you have till 2015 , what about me ?? I will have to make a list to be completed in one year :(

write more da

a said...

no. 18 -u r being over ambitious.
but i dont understand what is the link between getting married and doing all these things.

"Dating a dumb girl just for her looks (pref N.Indian) -hehehe...chauvnist :P

I guess that this post is reflecting how u feel -mind and body -refreshed, rejuvenated and positive :)

cheers!

Praveen said...

@Yaswanth - Your reply to point number 6 is the answer to your Y me ? question

@Vicky - Thank you

@Chirag - Even I am wondering how to pull that one off.

@harini - iyyo pavam

@aruna - Will i be allowed to date a dumb girl after marriage ?? that is why all these things have to be done before that. Constraints you see.

poorni said...

This list made me want to make my own list and complete it before i jump into the field. Entertaining entry , Loooved it ! And what is this one entry per month theory that you have ? How about a fortnightly update :P

vaseey said...

9. Watch all the 250 movies on the IMDB list. ( How do I watch citizen kane without falling asleep ) - s no country for old men in 250? :o if so yu ll be havin a hard tym

14. Date a dumb girl just for the looks (preferably a North Indian)-sappa matter salt water machi

20. Make a crying baby laugh.- yu knw my address la? come home n mak my day :P

21. Speak out exactly what I think for one whole day- pros an cons man :)

22. Own a dog ,even if it is for six months and even if it means a lot of nagging from my mom.- sure get one :D yu ll enjoy t.

25. Give a two hour lecture to kids who are about to take their board exams without even one of them falling asleep. - myth :|


all in all a very nice post man :) keep up the good work

Sri said...

Cute :D

Praveen said...

@ poorni - thank you .. lazy by birth ,that's why the one entry per month system :P

@ vaasey - I have seen no country for old men twice and loved every bit of it.. right up there in the top 10 movies i have seen.. try it once.. u'l love it

@ sriram - Thank you :)

amit said...

good one ... the 25 list was vry different .. looking forward to ur updates nw

Nitish.. said...

I wanna see you saving five penalties!!!

If u manage that, then probably some club or something might get interested in signing you :D :P

suraj said...

really great post mate!!!!.... really hilarious!! loved it, looking forward to your next post!

Unknown said...

You have knack for writing ... the story was intriguing and forces you go till the very end. Great job.

Raghavendra said...

good long list

Dinesh said...

Y do u wanna pull my legs everytime .. but still the truth ..
gr8 list .. y do u get stuck to 25 ?
but i really wanna see u dating a dumb gal .. dumb r dumber ?? :P

Praveen said...

@ amit,suraj,shocky,raghvendra - Thank you

@ nitish - I am nt sure about the club part.. but the other part u'l see :P

@ deepu - enna nakkalaa.. ne comment adichittu poiduva.. badhil yaaru solradhu ??

vineet said...

LOL.very amusing posy n preferaby liked the baby cry n blazer thng, dating a dumb gal frm north india, wel i found it a bit offensv bt okk...nywaz nice writin dude

gemini speaketh!! said...

hey! that was a cool 'bucket list'.. :D
enjoyed readin' it!:)

Gaurav Dutta said...

This is just so that you know that I'm a die hard fan of your work. And that I read and follow your blog regularly. I just feel ki I don't have to comment on it for you to know that I've liked it. You know me a lot better and obviously know what I'm talking about. This is a result of you telling me that you hoped that if only "the" person ever read or commented on your posts, which would obviously make you deliriously happy. I thought it was me :P

Praveen said...

@ Vineet - thank u and no offense meant by the north indian in the bracket, that's just a personal choice :P

@ Manjusha - thank u :)

@ Gaurav - anyone reading ur comment would take us both for nutcases.. u've made ur point and i'll see the glass as half full henceforth :P

Abhishek said...

Hey,

giving 45 roses to mom is extra cool ... and about the novels .. it is extra-ordinary... ask me any help related to novels ... I can suggest good ones!!

with warm regards
arandomarticle.blogpsot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...