Aug 11, 2011

Thank God for breakfast


Breakfast was the best  thing to happen to mankind . Period .  Pretty not-so-deep for a statement ending with period but that's only because you haven't heard how awesome it feels . I am at that phase of my life where nights seem a lot more fun and happening and days are just plain boring and hot . So breakfast becomes the last meal of the day  and not the first . Imagine being hungry for ten straight hours and finally being presented with Parathas ,Coffee and Aloo ki sabji . Unlimited .  Bliss , I say ! We took breakfast to a whole new level when we started fantasizing over the smell of  Poha  reaching our room from the mess . Bless you all those homebirds who stay at home eat all the good stuff and still whine about how there is nothing in the fridge to eat . 

This is what the life of a soon to be twenty four year old has come to be . Fantasizing about breakfast . I called my mom the other day and somehow we started talking about my birthday which is coming up soon . I asked her how old I would be because I didn't want to stress my brain from making all those calculations . She told me I would finish twenty three and hence I would be twenty four . Twenty four . Imagine that !How come the hours and minutes seem so slow ,yet six years seem to have flown by so fast . Was I that stoned ? Anyway I tripped on to some other story . The point of this post was to let you know that I am alive and almost kicking and nothing unfortunate has occurred to me . I mean the accidents and terminal illnesses . The past two months have been pretty entertaining to say the least .If I were to make a sitcom out of life it would kick the asses of Friends and Seinfeld . Honest .


I have fallen in love with this Blog . The writer is a Virgo and a female and a pretty famous one at that . One of those Celebrity  bloggers . You think you wouldn't enjoy these hi-profile blogs but there is a reason these things are a hit and I am discovering this reason slowly and surely . Divya ,my America-is-our-caantry friend got me addicted to this . Thank you . The thing about that blog is that everything that she has written about seems to have occurred to me at some point of time . Well , almost everything ,except the kicking yourself after kissing a guy part and the pms part . I always thought I was wired a little weird but this female has made me feel normal again . An achievement of sorts . Also she has made me realize that I can fall in love with people through their writing , I fell in love with this female after four or five blog posts only to have my heart broken when I found out that she is a Single mother who has a prerequisite that she would date men only older to her . Stupid females and their bubbles. After a bit of feelings , I found her photo and felt better . She's not my type . Yeah , I am going with that reason . Turns out falling in love with writing was just one of those pranks my mind plays on me .


The reason I have not updated for a couple of months is because I was at Germany working on Heinz's new supply chain strategy . Pretty cool huh . Would have been cooler if it were true . Got you ? Did I ? I hate second half of any year . Nothing great happens after May . Same story this year too . I got all tangled up in boy-girl stuff and the like and finally after a lot of chess games between my heart and my brain (the real brain ,not the one on the lower half )  my heart finally gave up and now life couldn't be better . Yes . Not sour grapes ! Also its not like I didn't write anything . I wrote a couple of boy-blogs , the type where it all leads to a meaningful ending but apparently I wasn't very good at giving out messages . I know . I had those posts reviewed and guess what . I got the milder version of You suck on both those reviews . So this one is pure and unadulterated just like the side bar under my profile claims to be .


12 comments:

vicky said...

seems so effortless and funny .

harini said...

This one feels exactly like the way you talk ;)

Anonymous said...

Ay, I know about the falling in love with the writing part. I fell for one, only to realize later that he was 50!
Amazing blog you have here. You said it right - unadulterated and true. And yes - you don't suck at all!

poorni said...

Once in every few months you let yourself go with your writing and it just flows and takes you with it. this is one such entry. . beautiful writing praveen !

Chirag said...

what about that. . nice and easy ! Completely agree with you on the breakfast bit .

Vijay Krishna said...

Thanks to you!! The blog is really good and her simple use pretty funny words seems to make us addicted to her blog!!

Keep up the good work. I just love all your posts da.. :)

Praveen said...

thank you thank you :)

Dinesh said...

i read it twice to find out that it said nothing .. but felt good both times :) cheers :)good one

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say a couple of 'you suck' reviews don't necessarily indicate the quality of your work. Maybe it just didn't reach the right audience. Maybe its shit. But there's only one way to find out, and that's to lay it all out there right?

Jerly said...

interesting flow

Sri said...

;)

Creative Media said...

Snapdeal.com Mumbai

Save up to 90% with the Best Deals in Town. Try Snapdeal Free !

Buy Mobiles, Watches & Sunglasses, Laptops & Pendrives , Hair Care & Skin Care .

http://www.snapdeal.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...