May 27, 2011

I had a dream . .

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or otherwise, is entirely coincidental.




 
I had a dream . It was beautiful and it just pulled me in , resistance was out of the question . I knew going in , that this was just a dream and it would end soon . Oh , how wrong could I have been ?  The dream took shape , it bloomed and grew . To watch it transform so closely was an experience in itself.  It seemed so real , fascinating . It seemed so life like . It made me feel something  I had never felt before. It gave me joy . It made me feel alive .  The dream was just so perfect . What I would not give to make this dream stay .

Hours passed by , the dream had me under its spell . A spell I would happily cast myself into a million more times .  I believed everything the dream said . I believed because I wanted to believe .We all have our own life to pursue, our own kind of dream to be weaving. And we all have some power to make wishes come true, as long as we keep believing. The dream showed me worlds I had never seen . The dream became the center of everything .  Essential things became unimportant . The dream seemed to overpower everything it came into competition with . The dream showed me happiness , it showed me pain , it gave me thrills and it gave me disappointments . Sadly , It gave them  all at once .


Time was short. It would be morning soon . What will I do without my dream ?  How will I survive ?  The mind knew all along that dreams wouldn't last  . The heart said otherwise . I was too deep to leave the dream and walk back . I wanted the dream to come along . Come all the way .The best thing about a dream is that fleeting moment, when you are between asleep and awake, when you don't know the difference between reality and fantasy, when for just that one moment you feel with your entire soul that the dream is reality, and it is really happening. Not knowing what it would do to me or what it would do to itself , I pushed the dream to stay .


The dream did stay . My fascination with the dream grew stronger . It was magical all over again . In the midst of all this ,  I lost sight of the bigger picture . The picture where dreams can't stay forever . I fought , I cried ,I laughed , I talked ,I shouted .I did everything I could, to make sure the dream never left .  I was like a drug addict , forcing myself to believe that the high was what I needed most . The night was gradually wearing down. I could see the first rays of the sun falling right on my face. Then , the inevitable happened . The dream decided to leave . Afterall , dreams are never meant to stay .



You may say I 'm  a dreamer 
But I am not the only one . .


15 comments:

sanky said...

surely not the only one... well written bro...
doubt ill see someone pen down the experience so well fer a while...

MYS said...

Well Written...I have recently entered the world of blogging and the way to write keeps me as well as everyone else spellbound (the comments you get prove so!!!)

poorni said...

I cannot believe you pulled off this outrageously ambitious post !

Jerly said...

engaging...Very well described especially about the moment between sleeping and waking when we feel the dream is a reality...Amazing really

Praveen said...

Sanky - thank you

Mys - welcome to the world and Ty

Poorni - I did ? :D

Jerly - Happens all the time to me !

vaseey said...

that gave me a hangover.. :) nice 1

vicky said...

beautifully written :)

Raghavendra said...

very catchy

Jerly said...

I meant Amazingly 'captured'. Of course it happens to me too, and I too push the dream to know 'what it did to itself and what it would do to me' . Exactly captured as I would have wanted to write. Waiting to read ur next..

harini said...

When you talk about dreams you only mean one person , what happened ??

Praveen said...

@ Vassey , vicky , raghavendra - Thank you :D

@ Jerly - agreed. . It's so simple when you express something you've experienced. .

@ Harini - Let's just say I wont have those dreams anymore . .

amit said...

Loved it !! You should write more abstract pieces

Prasoon said...

Butifully written....

abby said...

maybe an astral projection..

Creative Media said...

Snapdeal.com Mumbai

Save up to 90% with the Best Deals in Town. Try Snapdeal Free !

Buy Mobiles, Watches & Sunglasses, Laptops & Pendrives , Hair Care & Skin Care .

http://www.snapdeal.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...