Feb 1, 2010

Oh God , You are so Unfair

His Story
11 th June 2007

Finally We went out . It was her birthday two days ago and I don't know what gave me the courage to ask her out . I assumed it was a date . Then began the rituals .Went to get a haircut and a shave. Had a cold shower ,which lasted forty five minutes . Put on my best Lee cooper shirt which I had saved for this day . Borrowed the Woodland shoes from Naren to look a wee bit taller than I actually was . In short that was the best I had ever looked in the twenty years of my existence ( the cute baby phase apart ). Bajaj Discover had never seemed so dirty before . I cleaned my bike to the point where it shone in the sunlight.

I stopped my bike a good twenty meters from her hostel gate and adjusted my shirt and hair once again . After twenty minutes , which seemed like an eternity ,she finally came down . Her face shone in the twilight . If not for the two missing wings ,People would definitely have mistaken her for an angel . For some reason she said 'Let's take an auto '. And for the first time in my life I got into an auto without bargaining for the fare . The ride was bliss . Everything looked beautiful .


We reached 'Tamarind tree ' and settled down in a quiet table . She ordered a spicy veg fried rice and I also went with the same . She was dressed in a violet salwaar and the effect of her long cascading black hair on the salwaar was better than any Pablo Picasso painting . I couldn't take my eyes off her even for a second . I had always thought Salma hayek had the most beautiful eyes in the world . But the girl sitting opposite to me overtook her comfortably . I just felt so comfortable talking to her . I never knew i could talk so well .Even the silences were comfortable. The food arrived sooner than expected (damn these restaurants ) and to be honest I love food but the fried rice just wouldn't go down my food pipe . Then i saw her eating . There is something very sexy about girls eating . The way they take very small bites . The way there is always a tissue in their hand . The way they try to talk with food in their mouth . Oh god , You are so unfair .

The bill arrived and i took it immediately . She insisted on paying saying it was her birthday treat . I had no option but to let go . We arrived at the hostel at 9:00 pm and she was in a hurry because of the hostel curfew timing . So we didn't have a proper goodbye. But hey who cares , I had one of the best evenings that anyone could ever have .



Her Story


11 June , 2007

Oh god , I am glad i am back and I am glad he did not know about the curfew time being extended to 10:00 pm on Saturdays. I don't know why i agreed to it .What on earth was I thinking ?

He was pestering me for the past week about my birthday and he turned up with a big expensive gift on my birthday . So had to agree to this treat . I was thinking the whole afternoon on how to get out of this , but couldn't come up with anything . I didn't want to get all dressed up and give him the wrong impression . So i just washed my face and put on an old salwaar . He arrived earlier than I had expected so had no time to do my hair . I started going down the stairs . My mind was still trying to come up with an excuse to avoid this evening . I reached down and saw him . He had come on a bike and I didn't want to be seen with him on a bike. So we took an auto . I have never had a more boring auto ride in all these years . I started looking outside . He started to stare at me which made me even more uncomfortable .

I suggested a restaurant which was not very popular so that no one would see us there . I avoided starters and soup on purpose. That would make the evening longer . My veg fried rice took an eternity to arrive (Damn these restaurants ). Even while eating he kept staring at me . He kept talking during the entire meal and during those silent breaks he would go back to staring again . I was praying for the bill to arrive soon and luckily it did . He wanted to show off by grabbing the bill . Who asks for a treat and then grabs a bill ?? I paid and we finally reached the hostel at 9:00 . I wanted to avoid the part whee he would have said " let's do this again sometime " . So i made up the curfew excuse and ran upstairs . Why do only women have to go through such jerky experiences ? Oh god ,you are so unfair .

9 comments:

a said...

lol! beat that :P
reminds me of some other post in some other blog abt two women ;)
gud that u have taken up fiction writing praveen. enjoyed it :)

harini said...

The guy's part is the result of too many movies and the girl's part is the result of your wild imagination.
all these entires make me very curious about what is happening out there in allahabad :}

Anonymous said...

haha. this ones real good. so finally i got to know that guys do realize what goes on in our mind while they are on cloud 9. lol. abt the guys part...ahem ahem praveen ;) :P

Praveen said...

@ aruna - Ty .. inspiration can come from anywhere :P

@harini - nothing is happening out here.. curb ur imagination

@ pre - so its really that way eh ?

vicky said...

This one is even better than your previous entry . somewhere between all the humour and flowery english there is a lot of honesty in this one :)

vaseey said...

prav doud... lawl sry fa bein rude n laughin.. but ya post was humourous... ya imaginary devil owns ttotallly :P
btw she may b thinkin the other way round who knows. amchi una poi pidikaama yenda ponnavudu irukuma smart handsome n all<100 rupees mariyaadaya :P>.. btw nice way to xpress ya mind. <3 ya posts :D

harini said...

It doesn't look that way . I'll ask your brother .he would know all this
:P

dhirkavi said...

That "Female" part was very funny yet apt ... good work dude ...

Praveen said...

thnx vicky , vaasey and dhir

@ harini - idellam oru pozhappa
btw he doesnt have any info ::D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...