Jun 26, 2010

10 Things I couldn't say to your face

After all the serious/senti/lengthy posts here's one entry just to lighten things up.. here's a list of 10 things I wanted to say to 10 people but couldn't .


Dear Dad ,

I Haven't changed . Just because you are the oldest in the family doesnt mean everyone has to agree with your views and opinions all the time . And I work so hard and run behind pointless committees and competitions to add to my resume not because I can grow old , save money and read newspaper in an easy chair but because I want my life to be comfortable and I am not going to waste the best years of my life just because my dad thinks spending less is a sign of 'being good' . Keeping the computer monitor ON for 10 mins when I am not using it isnt going to cost you 3 units of electricity .Also I cannot be the first in everything I do .
p.s : I still stand by my words in "Mom or dad "

Dear Mom ,

Getting calls from females is a part and parcel of growing up . I cannot remain the same praveen who you fed Cerelac 20 years back . And yes friends who are girls and girlfriend are two totally different terms . I Know I am gaining weight and i will work on it once i get back to college , Stop teasing me on that . Just because I stopped kissing you and giving you a hug doesnt mean I love u any less . I LOVE YOU :)


Dear Hyndu ,

Yes ,no more nicknames for you . Did you know there is a term in english called 'satisfaction ' ?? Everything wont come in a gift wrapped parcel to your door . Just give some time for everything to fall into its place . You are not the only one facing all this problems , Half the people from our college are on the same boat as you .Dont rush, everything will be fine in the end .
and also a big Thank you for everything ...


Dear Deepu ,

I have always hated the sharing part when it comes to a brother but recently I have realised life without you would have been soooo boring . Maybe you have matured or maybe I have ,but this 6 month period without you would have been awfully difficult . Thank you for letting me use your bike , your mobile , your jeans ( Did you know i used it ??) , your funds :P and Thank you for putting up with the rapid fire questions from mom for me .


Dear Karthik ,

6 large pegs of Gin after Vodka and Beer is a very very bad idea . Also getting value for money is okay but letting your drunk freind lie on the pool table and rushing for a drink is not exactly value for money . You wanted an evening to remember right ?? I guess you won't forget that one :P . and yeah Sorry but it was fun except for the 900 rupees part .


Dear Gaurav ,

Pondicherry is not as exciting without you . You choose one bad fortnight to go visit your relatives . Yes we understand facebook is addictive but don't you think you are online in FB waaay too much .Loads of stories to tell you , definitely not a fairy tale ending but hoping coke doesnt keep you as occupied as your english teacher . Will see you sometime around diwali :)


Dear Yegnesh ,

Remember our conversation in Maikhana about you not wanting to work for a Blood sucking MNC . I guess they overheard our talk :P . Money ain't everything , the gOod part is you need not stay with some sucky bihari and you still get to keep your college roomies . Also if things go well CAT 2012 can be your lucky exam . So go have fun .Noida waiting ...


Dear Jane ,

Yes, Men do gossip . Afterall its not your monopoly to gossip :P . The conversation we had even though very short was refreshing to say the least. And yes I am simply baffled by the amount of committment you doctors put into your books. Also David Villa is a better striker than Torres ,Hope the world cup made my point clear .


Dear Aruna ,

Yes , You are taller than Santhosh and Yes we can see you have applied make-up and Yes you talk normally in that recorded voice . Also I miss not giving you a transcript of my day and I miss hearing your IGTC Stories . If heaven doesnt have an internet connection I ain't going there .


Dear Santhosh ,

Wearing a three fourths and a checked shirt doesnt make you look like Charlie Sheen or wearing a Lacoste T shirt and a jeans doesnt make you look like Kakha Kakha Surya . It is not wrong to sit idle once in a while , You dont have to keep cleaning the room or sweeping the floor to make yourself occupied . Yes we know you have a loud voice but that doesnt give you the right to shout in my ear all the time . And I am awed at your abilty to plan things ahead of time especially the long term plans :P

13 comments:

slowhand said...

Machan...i have been sitting idle for the last 10 months and this is all for the lost time...and regarding my vocal chord...well i dont need an internet connection in heaven...eppidi???

Jane said...

well, what do u imagine I wud hv done if u had said that on my face? :)

Praveen said...

@ san - y blood ? same blood..

@ jane - dont know .. I guess u would have given me one of those confusing smiles :P

..Sathia.. said...

Man,

U r making me read all ur blog entries !..

Very well go !..

Praveen said...

thank u thank u.. ippo enga irukeenga ?? number pls

harini said...

The dear mom was the best part..
and remember i too exist, where is dear harini ??

a said...

i too miss hearin ur stories and tellin u mine. lets try to sync our time! hugs :)

Praveen said...

@ harini - have said all that i wanted to say to u then and there :P .. irundalum

Dear harini - I cannot walk as much as u do.. so the next time we'l take an auto.. i'l even pay for it but please no walking anymore.. U have a long way to go in cooking if u want to come anywhere close to ur mom :P
Keep reading :)


@ aruna - laptop varatum.. apram online 24 *7 :) ..

vicky said...

vry diffrnt... liked the msgs to mom and dad.. keep writing :)

vaseey said...

o_O semma da. wish i cud say things to ppl as yu did :) nice blog

harini said...

overa hype pannadha. we didnt walk too much := and i can cook decently too . next time i want my name in the main post. comments ellam venam ennaku

Karthik said...

Dei i read this one just now... Lol.. that was a great night da... It wouldnt be as memorable without the stuff that happened :D

Gonna miss u ppl so much

poorni said...

u really tickled my ribs on dis one .. the message to mom was hilarious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...