Jul 17, 2010

Another Brick in the Wall

Unlike all leaving home and going to a new place sad stories , I boarded the train to Mumbai with a big grin on my face . I was tired of having to give an explanation for everything ranging from the way I brush to why I smile a lot on the phone ! . Also listening to my dad about how he was better at everything than me and how I was lazy and I would get nowhere with this approach thing was getting on my nerves . The train journey was so refreshing . I could finally be at peace .


B-School life is everything I imagined it to be . It's 2.25 in the morning and I am absolutely in no mood to form sensible paragraphs but I am afraid that the Write a post about your first month feeling will go away if I go to sleep now . So here's the deal I'll jolt it down as bullet points and make a fake promise to you to write in paragraphs the next time .

* Sleep is priority number 1 ,anywhere,anytime.There have been times when my body has just shutdown by itself :(

* I have traditionally been insensitive towards cellphones but leaving your cellphone even when you are in the loo is a crime here . I got a call at 3 in the morning Praveen ,This is Akshita calling from Placecom 16 . Can u come to room 417 in 5 mins,We need to 'discuss' something important ?? Looking back , getting a call from a hot chick at 3 in the morning is what dreams are made of .

* The food here is great ( after 4 years in NIT-Allahabad where even pickle is a luxury ) although not great great but okay great . They make this rasam which makes my taste buds have an orgasm for over an hour .

* It rains all the time and by all the time I mean all the time . Hah! I used all the time thrice . Oops now four times . Now seriously stop it !

* And I almost forgot , Boys and Girls share the same hostel and anyone can go to anyone's room at anytime and it's actually practiced . Santhosh had a girl over at our room at 4 in the morning , Its a different matter that they were working on the Yes Bank's case study ,but STILL . I cannot help but imagine this scene at Allahabad . Ah that would have been something .

* You can get anything get delivered to your room in Mumbai. ANYTHING . I know what you are thinking  and let me tell you , even THAT will be delivered to your room if you've got that kind of dough .

* Disclaimer : No exaggeration and Explicit content warning

The platform shops outside the CST sell Dildos. Yes you read it right .Dildos. Not even in boxes or something ,just spread out on the platform . I hail from Chennai btw (or somewhere close to that) where such a thing wouldn't happen in a million years from now.

* The sab chalta hai attitude doesn't work anymore . Everyone takes everything seriously . I had committee interviews scheduled at 3:15 and 5:00 in the morning .It's been over 30 days in Nitie and I have a 100 % attendance . I am not me anymore . This is some nerd taken over me. I seriously miss my old computer science department . They let me take my exams with 15 % attendance!

* I am officially broke ,which doesn't work here because a) Everyone has worked for 3 or more years so they have lots of cash b) This is Mumbai where money is the language everyone speaks .
To all my earning friends who say oh you are still enjoying in college :balls to you  .

* I really really really really miss you . Not YOU ,moron .I can see a few rolling eyes over there. Come on aren't I allowed to post one personal message on the entire post ?

* I am trying my best to lose weight but it keeps finding me again and again . Yes I play and avoid rice whenever possible but nothing seems to work . Any suggestions ? ( any pun on this one would mean an ass kicking , specially you yegnesh )

* Got a new Dell i-3-350 and also this is the first post from the new laptop. Didn't want it to be all senti and serious . Turns out senti/serious is my area of expertise :P

* Okay now coming back to the point about sleep my body has raise the battery low signal . off to sleep now :ZZzzzz

P.S : Trying to increase the frequency of posts so if the writing gets crappy/pointless please let me know .

Started reading this blog recently http://thecompulsiveconfessor.blogspot.com/
Fabulous is an understatement . Do check it out .

14 comments:

Guru said...

Dude, i liked ur post ry much..it is like reading a novel..U ve got talent..Kudos on ur mba life..Hope u turn out lik chetan bhagat..keep posting

a said...

:D
dat nicely sums up ur life there. and i didnt know u wer so very impressed with that blog :D

harini said...

I see you have shed your inhibitions a little bit at mumbai. Had a good laugh while reading this , unlike your stupid tower knol :|

Yatin said...

Reading your blog entry is always fun. Add my name to your fan list bro.

Praveen said...

@ guru - thank u ..and i assume u meant gud things about cb

@ aruna - yup that girl has got some guts

@ harini - public la knol pathi thappa pesadha

@ yatin - Ty

vicky said...

Finally the sarcastic tone and the trademark humour is back .. <3 ed it :)

Unknown said...

fun post man..nice way to know wat u r upto as well...any football?

harini said...

I read that confessor's blog . Even tough she writes awesome I can't help the feeling that she has spoilt her life :(

btw don't talk about your knol . lots of font changes. copy paste daane panna ?

Praveen said...

@harini This is the problem with the gals from our place.. you start judging eveything .. y do u want to go into her personal life... she's a writer.. just look at her writing..

@ vicky -thnx mate

@ GT - no football recently , also the rain makes it unplayable on slippery grounds

Guru said...

yup..i did mean good things..by de way i see it.. btech..,then mba..same style of narration..hope u found ur galfriend too..

freelance_thinker said...

nice man... got a new laptop....

Dinesh said...

dildos!!! cool man :) somebody says u're a chetan bhaghat in progress.
great work n tat dad part was funny.Impressive!!

harini said...

podaaaaaaaaa.. everything is a combined package . can't ignore one part only

poorni said...

no funny incidents but i laughed all the way through the post. ur sarcasm is guuuuuud!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...