Jul 28, 2010

I'll be there for you ;)


This article is meant only for a select group . You can go ahead and read it , I am sure you will leave this page before the entry ends. Want to take a bet ?

Enough of disclaimers . The bitter fact is that I am not an easy guy to be with . Kind of a hard ass if you want to put a label on me . The events and happening in the last three years have made me realize the fact that in more cases than not half the people you know hate you . Yes, Hate you . (Mom if you are reading this , I am just making this up . This is not true. Everyone loves your little kid ). In most cases you do not know the exact reason for the hate. You just assume they are just jealous or they hate your guts. Live in your own bubble,sweetheart .

But then you've also got these awesome friends who compensate for all the hate that's showered on you . I 've always taken my friends for granted to which most of you would raise your eyebrows (Go ahead , do it, you know you want to raise your eyebrows ). And I am glad to say I took them for granted because those are the people who have put up with me all these years and I am pretty sure they will continue to do that in years to come . Instead of vaguely using the term friends I'll give you a narrative of these little monsters.

I was walking to the bus stop after the school when suddenly one of my classmates passed by me on a cycle . I asked him to drop me off at the bus stand . Got to know that his home was very close to mine,so the cycle ride continued till my home. It continues even today except for the fact that the vehicle has changed from a ranger swing to a Hero Honda Boxer . Ever heard of a facebook page We all have that one friend whom you can talk to about anything ? Well this guy is that one friend. We have had our share of fights and fun. And by fights I do not mean she broke my heels fight and by fun i do not mean we went on a road trip to that place or we got so drunk that we did... fun . By fights I mean he raped my character in a 1578 word letter titled this is the true you during one of our fights and by fun I mean every activity that is covered by the section 437 of the IPC and chargeable with a minimum punishment of one year imprisonment. There are so many photos on social networking sites which shows a picture of you and your friend with a tag line that goes Me and **** at water park . Bullshit. My logic is you are great freinds with a guy if you and your friend do not have even one single photograph together . Holds true in this case. When everything you do comes under the click able moments category ,what do you do ? I'l stop this before it starts sounding gay.

The next guy taught me everything that my parents failed to. How to get to your fill with just ten rupees in your pocket , how parents trick you into doing something, why T-Shirts are cool , how to talk with your mouth closed, How to convince the petrol pump guy to fill petrol for ten rupees when the sign clearly says minimum filling - 30 , how to check out chicks ,how to get attendance in class when you are at the beach , why english movies are so much fun , how to mix spirits .. the list is endless . I can safely say life wouldn't have been the same without you.

The next two guys are being clubbed together not because they are almost the same(not even close) but because these are the people who have put up with the same kind of bullshit day in and day out from me . The irony is one of them knows what exactly I am talking about and the other doesn't even know I am talking about him. The mind numbing torture I put these guys through thanks to my endless narrative episodes of what happened with her today , the advice they both give after that and how I end up doing exactly what they asked me not to . These two have made college what it was all through the four years and I am sure you will find time to call me sometime and let me carry on with my narrative episodes.

I owe a big thanks to these guys which I am not going to say because it would contradict my point about taking you guys for granted. The whole bottom line of the post in a line is that everyone needs to feel loved and when I am with you guys I feel that :)

P.S : Now writing fetches me money . Started working as a part time writer for an online content providing company recently . Have written over 60 articles of which 44 have been published on the web. Haven't gotten the salary yet , so do not rush in with your when is the treat? pings .

11 comments:

a said...

yes. friends always make u feel loved and wanted and life is what it is only because of them :)

here is one for friendship :)

Jane said...

nice one !

Dinesh said...

u three r de biggest criminals i've seen in yrs .. i envy u guys ..
gr8 post .. dat one knows n other not part was fun :)

vicky said...

u have this ability to twist and turn words. started off as a i hate the world post ,twisted ,turned and ended beautifully.
no wonder u r wrking as a writer now.

keep writing :)

vaseey said...

nice feel by the post macha. but jus one thing.. don think m pointn out or smthn, but its a bajaj boxer :| auto dept la padichitena? orey the noobnes. kandukade da

Praveen said...

@ aruna - here's one too :)

@ jane - Thank u

@ dinesh - appadi enna da pannom naanga ??

@ vicky - thank u thank u

@ vaasey - idukku daan uru la oru aal in aal azhaguraja venum ingradhu :P

harini said...

very different. Liked it <3

working aah ? kalakare :)

Gaurav Dutta said...

Just so you know... Loved IT :)

poorni said...

hey! just happnd to stumble upon your blog. loved your style of writing . keep blogging..

Praveen said...

Thank you harini & gaurav

poorni i am glad u liked it .. keep reading :)

Moderator said...

Very nice post....keep writing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...